- 350 grams Ripe Pears, I used the Barret Pears (golden skin)
- 50 grams medjool dates pitted
- 1 vanilla bean, whole thing chopped into 3/4 pieces
- 2 Mc's full of water or 200mls
- 350 grams Pear juice or nectar frozen, cubes or small chunks
- 350 grams Milk Frozen, cubes or small chunks
- 1 Egg white or 50 g meringue
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (or you can mill this before you start)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Please note if you have whole cardamon seeds mill this before you start .
1. Chop Pears (seeds can go in) and vanilla bean, place in mixing bowl. Add into bowl deseeded Medjool dates and 2 MC's of water.
2. Place lid on and set the time 15 mins, Varoma, speed 1 (TM31) or 15 mins , 120 degrees speed 1 (T5)
3. Allow to cool in the bowl, you can speed up the cooling process by placing in the fridge. or alternatively you can take it out and rest in a bowl to cool.
4. Once cool add 350 gr of frozen pear juice and crush 15 seconds speed 9 to incorporate it into the fruit. (If you have a wurring noise add a dash of water or milk to the bowl)
5. Add the 350 gr of frozen milk and the egg white or meringue. Add 1/2 tsp of cardamon powder and crush 1 min 30 sec speed 9.
6 Serve and Enjoy !
You can increase this recipe to 500gr Pear, 500gr frozen Pear juice, 500gr Frozen milk cubes and 80 gr Medjool dates. This will make 1.5 Litres of sorbet.
Flat trays or snap lock bags are great to freeze milk in. They allow to to chop them into pieces easily and also you dont get the film layer of milk in your ice cube trays.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Green Goodness Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Weight Watchers Coffee angel food cake (4pp)
- Weight Watchers Banoffee Slice (5pp)
- Cherry Choc Dream
- Banana Split Fruity Dream
- Avocado and Lime Sorbet
- Festive Bread
- FODMAP Friendly Tuna - Avocado Dip
- FODMAP Friendly Creamy Beef Curry
- FODMAP Gingerbread and Cranberry Biscuits
- CAB Biscuits choc,almond and beetroot
- FODMAP FRIENDLY CUSTARD