- 200 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 50 grams coconut oil, melted
- 70 grams Raw Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch himalayan pink salt
- 120 grams dark chocolate, (I use 70%)
- 30 grams crushed nuts or seeds of choice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper or thermomat.
2. Place desiccated coconut into thermomix bowl and mill 45 seconds/speed 7 (or until the coconut turns into a sticky cosistencey). Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add melted coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla extract and salt to the bowl and mix together 15 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl again.
4. Squeeze coconut mixture into teaspoon sized balls and place on lined baking tray. When all mixture made into balls (approximately 12 serves) place coconut balls into fridge to set for approximately 2 hours (I often make and roll the coconut mixture at night then they are well and truely set by the next day for chocolate coating)
5. Place dark chocolate into thermomix bowl and melt for 5 minutes/85 degrees/speed 2.
6. Remove bowl from housing and tilt so melted chocolate is pooled to one side. Place set cocnunt balls in the melted cocolate and roll ball with a spoon or fork until fully coated with chocolate. Use a fork to remove chocolate covered coconut ball from bowl (allow excess chocolate to drip off) and place back onto lined baking tray. Repeat until all balls are covered with chocolate.
7. Sprinkle crushed nuts or seeds of choice over the top of the choc-coconut balls and place tray back into the fridge for another 2 hours to set chocolate.
8. Serve straight from the fridge and enjoy!
*To make these a dairy free option use dairy free chocolate at step 5.
*To make these a nut free option top with seeds and not nuts at step 7.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.