- 120 grams coconut oil
- 120 grams ghee or butter
- 60 grams Cocao powder
- 125 grams raw cashews
- 125 grams raw almonds
- 250 grams Shredded coconut
- 40 grams Maple syrup, optional (not used if sugar free)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add Coconut oil, ghee/butter and cacao to bowl and melt for 15mins on 100C, speed 1.
2. Add coconut and nuts (and maple syrup if using) and mix/chop on speed 6 for about 6 seconds or until desired consistency.
3. Press into silicone moulds or a slice tray and place in the freezer for fast setting. We also store these in the freezer once set!
- This is a sugar free snack perfect for those who follow a paleo or a low carb or diabetic or low fructose diet etc. This slice is an aquired taste and the 'sweetness' from the nuts, ghee and coconut is what my family is used to. My Mum also loves it now!
- Make this recipe dairy free/vegan by substituting the ghee/butter with more coconut oil.
- You can vary the nuts you use and adjust the nut/coconut ratio to your liking.
- Optional to add 1 teaspoon of vanilla or whizz up half a vanilla bean as the first step and continue the recipe.
- Thanks to Quirky Cooking who inspired this recipe with her 'Chocolate no-bake cookies'.
- You can add the maple syrup or another sweetener of choice but we don't find it necessay.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls