- 200 gram raw sugar
- 100 grams raw rugar
- 50 grams walnuts chopped
- 600 grams thickened cream
- 6 egg whites
- 1 level teaspoons cream of tartare
4h 10minPreparation 4h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Place sugar in a non-stick frying pan on low heat. When the sugar has melted, spread thin layer over baking paper and let it cool completely. You may also give your heatproof kitchen counter top a spray with canola oil and spread the caramel over it rather than baking paper.
Once cooled, break into pieces and blizt 10 seconds/speed 9.
- Melt the sugar as per method above and add the walnuts and give it a good mix. Pour this mix over baking paper spreading it out as thin as you can. Once cooled, break into pieces and add to the bowl, turbo for 0.5 seconds until bite size pieces are achived. Set aside. clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert the butterfly, the egg whites and the cream of tartare and whisk for 6 Minutes / 37 deg / Speed 3.5 / mc off.
Add the caramel powder a spoonful at a time for a further 6 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 3 (if you don't want a caramel flavour you can replace this with just white sugar and add 2 tsp of Vanilla bean paste)
Whip for a further 15 minutes / speed 3 / mc off.
Place the bowl in the fridge to cool completely. Or tip out the ingredients and into a seperate bowl in the fridge to cool.
Insert the butterly and the thickened cream and whisk for 40 Seconds / Speed 3.5.
Gently mix together the whipped cream, egg white mix and crunchy caramel and pop in the freezer for at least 4 hours before ready to eat.
Crunchy Walnut and Caramel
Final steps - Ice-Cream base with a vanilla ice-cream variant
Accessories you need
As this is homemade icre-cream without all the nasties like anti-freezing agents found in store bought icecream, it will go quite hard after being in the freezer for 24 hours. Before serving, just pop it out of the freezer 10 minutes and it will be easy to scoop out. On the other hand, if you pop into a proper ice-cream container (sold in the mix-shop) it will scoop perfectly ☺️
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Balls
- Rice Bubble Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Apricot & coconut bites
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Val's Pavlova
- Estelles Apple Crumble
- Vegan GF Homemade Chocolates
- Nut-free Bliss Balls
- Taste Christmas Cake
- Keto Chocolate Nut Seed balls