THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons ground cocoa beans
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 60 grams raw sugar
- 250 grams white spelt flour
- 130 grams Butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg white, reserved
- 300 grams white chocolate, in pieces, (use good stuff - NOT compound!)
- 150 grams thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon Peppermint Essence
- 6-10 drops Green Food Colouring (or spinach juice), (optional - we use Hullabaloo colours)
- 300 grams dark mint chocolate, in pieces, (again, use good stuff - Lindt, Green&Blacks, Cocolo, etc are all good options)
- 250 grams thickened cream
Mill Crio Bru, cacao powder & sugar for 10 seconds @ Speed 9.
Add spelt flour and 'sift' for 10 seconds @ Speed 9.
Add chilled butter and mix 10 seconds @ Speed 6 - until crumbs form.
Add egg yolk and 1 Tablespoon cold water. Set lid to 'lock' position and bring together using the Interval setting for 10-20 seconds, adding up to another 1 Tablespoon of water as needed.
Form pastry dough into a disc, wrap and chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
Rest pastry-lined flan tin in fridge for 20-30 minutes while oven preheats to 180C. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with ceramic pastry weights or rice and bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking paper and weights/rice and bake for a further 10 minutes. Brush any cracks in pastry with reserved egg white and set aside to cool.
Place white chocolate pieces into clean & dry bowl and grate for 5 seconds @ Speed 8.
Add thickened cream, peppermint essence and (optional) green food colouring. Cook 3 minutes @ 50 degrees @ Speed 3, scraping down sides as necessary. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes @ 37 degrees @ Speed 3 if needed.
Place dark mint chocolate pieces into clean & dry bowl and grate for 5 seconds @ Speed 8.
Add thickened cream and cook 3 minutes @ 50 degrees @ Speed 3, scraping down sides as necessary. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes @ 37 degrees @ Speed 3 if needed.
Cacao Pastry with Crio Bru
White Chocolate Mint Ganache
Dark Chocolate Mint Ganache
(This recipe was based on a similar one that I saw in the January 2012 Australian Good Taste Recipe magazine)
You can substitute Crio Bru with raw cacao.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mulberry Crumble
- Chillean Empanadas
- Warm leek and cashew dip
- Sugar Free Lemon Curd/Butter
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Top Deck Caramel Crunch
- Fluffy Keto Cheesecake with Gin infused Lemon Curd
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart