- 80 g sultanas
- 80 g raisins
- 80 g currants
- 80 g Boiling water
- 260 g water
- 20 g raw sugar
- 7 g dried yeast
- 520 g bakers flour
- 80 g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon allspice, ground
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 egg, beaten
8Recipe is created for
1. Mix sultanas, raisins, currants and water in a bowl and set aside.
2. Place water, raw sugar and yeast in TM bowl, heat for 2 minutes, 37°C, speed 2.
Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg and fruit soaking water. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 6.
4. Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 1 minute, interval speed.
5. Add dried fruit, knead for 45 seconds, interval speed, adding 1 additional tablespoon flour if mixture becomes too wet.
6. Place dough in an oiled bowl, turning several times with spatula to create tension on surface of dough. Cover and stand in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or until dough has doubled in size.
7. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line oven tray with baking paper. Divide mixture into 10 and shape into balls on a lightly floured surface. Press thumb through middle of each ball and shape into bagels.
8. Line the upper and lower Varoma steaming trays with baking paper. Place 500g water in TM bowl, heat for 5 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 3, or until Varoma temperature is reached.
9. Place 3 bagels on upper steaming tray and 2 in the base. Steam for 4 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 3. Place on baking tray and repeat with remaining 5 bagels.
10. Brush bagels with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned and with a crust on top and bottom. If base is still pale, turn bagels over when top is browned.
Serve warm out of the oven with a generous spread of butter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc peanut butter balls
- 3 ingredient vanilla ice-cream
- Gluten Free Muesli Bars
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Seafood Risotto
- Jumbo Bread loaf
- Hokey Pokey Ice Cream
- Carnation green tea cocktail
- Trout salad & horseradish dressing
- Spiked truffles
- Almond pulp truffles
- Mango salsa with lime bursts
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with raspberry rosewater coulis
- Coconut lamb curry
- Fresh petite radish salad
- Petite carrot tartlets