THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 330 g white sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons, See tips for zest
- 330 g Sugar prepared earlier
- 250 g Egg whites (approx. 8 eggs), MUST be at room temperature, see tips
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, from the lemons for the curd
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 600 g whipping cream, Whipped to top and serve
- 100 g Almond flakes
- Zest from 2 lemons prepared earlier
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 130 g caster sugar
- 100 g Butter (soft but not melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
1. Preheat oven to 170*C. Line a baking traywith baking paper and set aside. If you want a circle as a guide, use your Thermo Server(upside down) to draw a circle on the underside of your baking paper.
2. Place 200g of the white sugar into TM bowl and mill 15sec/Sp 9. Set aside. Place 130g of white sugar in TM bowl and mill 15sec/Sp 9, set aside with first batch for Pavlova.
Try and get as much sugar out as possible, you can even use a dry paper towel to wipe out the remaining, be careful though, use your spatula.
3. Place lemon zest in TM bowl, grate for 30sec/Sp 8. Scrape down and keep repeating until zest is fine. This should only take about 2 min at most. Set aside for Lemon Curd.
4. Thoroughly wash and dry the TM bowl. Zest is done early to help clean and shine the bowl. To get the meringue perfect for the Pavlova, the TM bowl must be REALLY clean and REALLY dry.
1. Insert butterfly whisk in TM bowl. Place egg whites and cream of tartar in TM bowl and whip 5min/37*/Sp3.5.
2. Mix 5min/37*/Sp 3 whilst slowly adding the reserved sugar 1 spoon at a time through the hole in the mixing bowl lid, until well combined.
3. Mix 30-40sec/Sp 3 and add lemon juice and cornflour through the hole in the mixing bowl lid. When finished, take the lid off and check that the cornflour mixed in well, see tips if it hasn't.
4. Gently transfer the meringue mix onto the prepared baking paper tray and form into a tall disc like shape. If you go outside the drawn circle, that's fine, it's just a guide. Place into oven and imediately reduce temperature to 130*C, bake for 1 hr and 20 min. Turn off oven, open the door approx 7cm or so, leaving the pavlova to cool completely (approx. 3 to 4 hours).
5. Once completely cooled, transfer to serving plate by holding the tray with the pavlova on in one hand and with your other hand, hold the serving plate upside down over the pav. Bring them close together, you will have the serving plate just touching the top of the pavlova, quickly turn the two over at the same time but don't let the tray rest on top of the pavlova as you turn. You must lift the tray imediately or you will crush the pavlova. Then gently peel the baking paper off, the pavlova will be upside down, this doesn't matter as you will be topping it.
Alternatively, if you're not confident or think you will have difficulty in flipping the pav, carefully slide the pavlova onto the serving plate using the baking paper to lift it, then just trim the paper back around the pavlova, close to the edge with a good pair of scissors.
1. Insert butterfly whisk in TM bowl. Place lemon juice, zest (prepared earlier), caster sugar, butter, eggs and extra egg yolks in TM bowl and cook 12min/80*/Sp 3.
2. Test to see if setting point has been reached by inserting a teaspoon; mixture should coat the back of the spoon in a thick layer. If it is not set enough cook for another min or two at 80*/Sp 3.
3. Transfer to a bowl to cool completely. Store in the fridge until time to assemble.
1. Insert butterfly whisk in TM bowl. Place cream in the TM bowl and whip Speed 3, without a setting time, watching carefully to avoid over-whipping until desired stiffness is achieved. You don't want it too stiff for this dessert.
To assemble: Place Pavlova on serving plate as above. Spread cold lemon curd all over the top until it's almost at the edges, use it all. Then spread whipped cream over the lemon curd, also to the edges, you may want to save some of the cream to serve on the side, or just use it all if that's what you want. Top with toasted almond flakes all over the top as in the picture.
1. Egg whites for the Pavlova MUST be at room temp. I take mine out of the fridge the night before and store in the pantry. It won't work with cold eggs.
2. Lemon zest: peel the zest off the lemons lightly so you don't get any pith, then leave for about 15 min for the natural oil and moisture to dry out before you grate it. It doesn't stick to the sides as much.
3. If the cornflour didn't combine fully, take out the butterfly whisk and very carefully and lightly fold in the cornflour residue with your spatula, don't over do it.
4. When making the disc shape with the meringue mixture, make it fairly high, like about 7-8cm or more, as it will drop in height a little as it cools. (The drawn circle is about 20cm)
5. Make the lemon curd and toast the almonds while the pavlova is baking in the oven. (To toast almonds, place in a dry frying pan on medium heat and stir continuosly until nice and brown and toasted but not burnt, set aside to cool)
6. This dessert is best to have all components done the night (or day) before you need it. Then assemble not long before you need it, then it won't sink or go soggy. ENJOY
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard
- 'The Real Deal' Creme Brulee
- Chocolate Bliss Balls (my version of Boost Juice ones)
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- Ferrero Rocher and Nutella cheesecake
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
- Curried Sausages
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Ginger custard tart
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- Beef Rotolo
- Deliciously thick Chocolate Custard
- Znoud el sit
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked