THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 250 grams pitted prunes
- 800 grams Strong Earl Grey Tea, Hot
- 120 grams water
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 20 grams glucose syrup
- 60 grams Brandy or Armagnac
- 75 grams medium grain rice
- 350 grams Pouring or thickened cream
- 350 grams Milk
- 70 grams raw sugar
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4 Cloves - whole
- 1 vanilla bean
- .25 level tsp freshly grated nutmeg
12h 45minPreparation 12h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak prunes in hot Earl grey tea until plump - preferably overnight.
To prepare the Syrup, insert measuring cup and mill raw sugar in mixing bowl , for 10 seconds at speed 10.
Add glucose and water to the mixing bowl, insert measuring cup and cook at 115 degrees on speed 3 for 6 minutes.
Strain the pre-soaked prunes then place in a thermoserver, stir in sugar syrup and brandy and set aside to keep warm.
Add sugar to the mixing bowl, insert measuring cup and mill at speed 10 for 10 seconds. Set sugar aside.
insert butterfly whisk.
Add rice, cream, milk, cinnamon quill, cloves, vanilla bean and nutmeg to the mixing bowl, place simmersing basket on lid and cook 100 degrees, speed 3 for 20-25 minutes or until rice is cooked. This version of rice pudding is quite runny so feel free to add a little corn flour if you feel you'd prefer a thicker sauce.
Remove butterfly whisk.
Add reserved sugar and stir for an extra minute.
Pour rice pudding into bowls and top with the prunes and syrup and garnish as desired. I used some raspberries as they are quite tart compared to the sweetness of the prunes.
This is delicious and I've served it up many tImes to happy guests
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Churros - Gluten free
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- Steamed Salmon with Green Peppercorn sauce and Vegetables
- Matt Preston's Lamb, cashew and pineapple braise (adapted from lamb, walnut and pineapple braise - from 100 Best recipes
- Easy Spaghetti alla Bolognese
- Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- Vietnamese Beef with Lemon Grass and Chilli - converted from a Golden Lotus cooking class
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Donna Hay's Thai Chicken Soup
- Green Thai Curry - Ben Milbourne's Masterchef recipe
- George Calombaris' Homemade baked beans