- 300 g flour plain
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 heaped tablespoon sugar
- 30 g Butter or Nuttelex, Soft or melted
- 100 g Milk or water, At room temperature
- 20 g lemon juice
- zest of a lemon
- 2 level teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon Rum or other spirit, Optional
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Measure milk or water into Bowl
2. Add sugar and yeast and stir sp1 for 20 sec
3. add egg yolks, flour, salt, lemon zest and juice
4.set your machine to knead function and knead your dough for 3 minutes. Keep an eye on it and if it is very soft, add 1-2tblsp more flour. During the last minute of kneading, gradually add in butter/Nuttelex and spirits if using. Dough shoulf be soft and a bit sticky.
5. Remove dough from bowl onto a floured board or thermomat and roll into a ball.
6. Roll out to about 2cm thickness and cut into rounds of about 5cm diameter. Gently roll any bits of dough together again and keep cutting until all done.
7. Flour your board or thermomat again so that your donuts don't stick. Cover with clean teatowel and let rise for approx 30 minutes. When they look risen, gently push a hole in the middle of each doughnut with your finger.
8.Heat oil in a pan or deep-fryer until it is hot enough for the end of a wooden spoon to bubble when inserted into oil. Oil must be deep enough for donuts to float.
9. Fry doughnuts on both sides until golden and well risen.
10. Drain on paper towels and roll into icing sugar or cinnamon sugar while still hot.
Accessories you need
It is not necessary to add the spirits but it helps avoid the doughnuts absorbing the oil whilst frying. Alcohol evaporates during cooking so it is suitable for children.
Although I've marked this recipe as suitable for TM5, it is equally suitable for TM31.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate icecream
- Chocolate Brownie
- Heydon's Crepes
- Golden Syrup Dumplings-Using Simmering Basket
- Golden Syrup Dumplings using Blade Cover
- Banana & Hazelnut Icecream
- Caramilky Cheesecake
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Caramilk Ice Cream
- Caramilk Mousse with strawberries
- Caramilk baked cheesecake
- Raw Strawberry Frozen Snack Bars
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Apple Fruit Jam