- 400 g castor sugar
- 450 g water
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1.5 tablespoons Gelatine powder
- 75 g cornflour
- 1 tablespoons Rosewater, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red colouring, or drops to suit
Spray a rectangular loaf pan with oil spray to grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
Place the sugar, lemon juice, and 300ml of the water into the TM bowl. Cook at 100C/speed 4/15 minutes to dissolve and cook the sugar. Cook at Varoma/speed 4/40 minutes, or until soft ball syrup stage [120C]. Using a tea towel to protect yourself from the very hot steam, stir and scrape the sides and base every five or ten minutes. Take great care to avoid the steam and hot syrup.
Place cornflour, cream of tartar, gelatine and remaining water into a small bowl and mix together with a spoon. Pour the mixture through the measuring cup aperture of the TM while running on speed 4 to mix it into the sugar mixture.
Cook 100C/60 minutes/speed 4 or until it starts to change colour to a lightly yellowish tone, or cook longer until it turns the right colour.
When it looks relatively clear and yellowish in tone, add rosewater to taste and the colouring to your preferred colourtone.
Pour into the square pan and leave to cool. Once cool, cover and place in the refrigerator.
Cut into squares and roll in a mixture of half cornflour and icing sugar. Store in an airtight container.
The sweet should be firm but chewy and stretchy, and it will still be a little cloudy, but not too cloudy.
In the picture, I used 1/4 teaspoon of rose pink colouring, too much!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Churros - Gluten free
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Wattleseed Shortbread
- Oatmeal Choc Chip Breakfast Cookie
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Indian rice pudding
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption