- 250 g Milk arrowroot biscuits
- 125 g Butter, cubed
- 140 g Boiling water
- 1 package lemon jelly
- 250 g cream cheese, philly style
- 220 g castor sugar
- 1 can Carnation evaporated milk (cold), must be cold
- 2 Large lemons, juice only
- shaved chocolate or lemon zest
1. Crush biscuits - 5 sec/speed 6. Set aside
2. Melt butter - 3 min/70 deg/speed 2
3. Add biscuits to bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 3. Scrape and repeat if required
4. Set aside. Clean and dry bowl
1. Dissolve jelly in boiling water (in a separate bowl). Set aside to cool
2. Add cream cheese and sugar to and beat - 1min/speed 4. Set aside and clean bowl
3. Insert butterfly and add carnation milk. Beat 1min/speed 4
4. Add cream cheese/sugar mixture to milk and mix - 20sec/speed 4
5. Add lemon jelly and lemon juice to mixture and mix - 10sec/speed 4
1. Add 2-3 tbsp of biscuit base into glasses. Pour mixture on top of base until 1/2 full. Repeat and top with shaved chocolate or lemon rind if you like
2. Allow to set in refridgerator for an hour
* This dish was a dessert staple in our household when I was growing up, and has great sentimental value. It is perfect to serve at a BBQ, and single serving sizes make it easy to dish out to your guests!
* You could make this traditionally in a cheesecake tin. Press base firmly into tin and top with filling. This will need 3hrs or so to set. It is a very light and fluffy cheesecake
* Add more lemon juice if you want more of a lemony bite to your cheesecake
* When your (or your neighbours!!) lemon tree is full of lemons, squeeze the juice of a few into containers and freeze for later.
* Use a potato peeler (the Thermomix toolkit has a fab peeler) to remove the skin from your lemons, and freeze in a zip lock bag. Milling to create a fine zest is easy when frozen - 10 seconds/speed 10
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Triple-Choc Blueberry and Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
- Peppermint Slice (RAW)
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Banana yoghurt nicecream
- Variation: Argentinian Dulce de Leche "CREAM"
- Argentinian Dulce de Leche
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Smashed Pea and Haloumi Fritters
- Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
- Creamy Lemon Biscuit Bars
- Simply Delicious Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
- Mexican Chicken and Corn Bake
- Kids in the Kitchen - White Chocolate and Apricot Easter Roughs
- Wholemeal Spelt (Refined Sugar Free) Banana and Coconut Loaf
- Simple Coconut Chicken Curry with Hidden Veggies for the Kids
- Easy & Delicious Christmas Brandy Custard
- Vegan - 10 second - Choc Mint Mousse (with peppermint essential oil)
- Natural Fruit Flavouring for Yoghurt (with added protein hit and free from refined sugar)
- Mini Cheesy Vegetarian Party Quiches