- 1 small size orange, (peeled & qtrd) optional: retain peel for garnish
- 2 egg yolks
- 500 g whipping cream (full fat)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 bottle lemonade or sprite
** If you don't like a tarty taste, you can use the juice of 2-3 oranges instead of the whole fruit. If using the whole fruit, ensure you peel away as much as you can of the outer white part of the orange.
Peel and quarter oranges then add to and blend 30 secs on Sp9. Add all remaining ice cream ingredients into and cook 7mins / 80 degs / Sp 4. Allow to cool slightly then mix 10secs on Sp5. Pour into a separate bowl (preferably stainless steel for faster freezing) cover and place into freezer for 3-4hrs.
When firm (not frozen) remove Orange Bliss from freezer, cut into small pieces or spoon out into and blend 20secs / Sp4, scrape down sides of bowl, then blend a further 20secs / Sp4 or until a smooth and creamy texture.
Cover and put back into freezer for another 3-4hrs or until frozen all the way through, before serving.
Once ready, scoop out into balls and add to your tumber of lemonade or favourite soft drink.
See "AO Orange Bliss Cream .05" for another variation of my ice cream - using your favourite liqueur.
Method for Ice Cream
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot Roll Ups / Fruit Leathers - @Thermo.Cazza
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- Choc Mint Bliss Ball Slice
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Peachy Whip
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Quick n Easy Vanilla Slice
- Caramilk Vanilla Slice
- Roasted strawberry icecream
- Thermomix Fig Salami
- Almond and oat Bliss Balls