- 4 egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 ml cream, whipping, 30-40% fat
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- passionfruit pulp
- grated milk chocolate of crumbled Cadbury Flake (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
Place baking paper on a baking tray.
Ensure the mixing bowl is clean and dry. This is crucial. If in doubt, wipe with a paper towel and white vinegar and allow to dry.
Place egg whites in bowl and whisk for 3min / 37°C / Speed 3 until soft peaks form. Depending on the temperature of the eggs this may take a little longer.
For 3mins / 40°C / Speed 3, slowly add caster sugar 1tbs at a time.
For 2mins / 50°C / Speed 3, slowly add the cornflour, vanilla and white vinegar.
Mixture should now be stiff. Hold it above your head. If it falls out, it's not ready (chuckle). Pile the meringue on the prepared tray.
Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until cooked. Placing a wooden beater to keep oven door open a little ensures a dry bake.
Once cooked, turn the heat off and allow the pavlova to cool in the oven. Wait at least an hour.
- Insert butterfly.
Place cream, icing sugar (optional) and vanilla essense in bowl and whip for 10-60secs / Speed 3.5.
NOTE: It's best to do this in 10sec bursts to ensure cream does not churn to butter.
- Spread cream evenly over meringue. Resist the temtation to add too much cream as it will mask the meringue and fruit flavours.
- Place sliced kiwi fruit decoratively. Placed quartered strawberries. Place remaining fruit. Sprinkle grated chocolate or cumbled Cadbury Flake if using.
Accessories you need
Old eggs make better pavlovas. Eggs should ideally be at room temperature.
This Pavlova has a crunchy outside and a soft inside.
You can double quantities for a larger meringue. Allow extra whipping and cooking times, and pile meringue slightly higher rather than spreading out as it will naturally spread during cooking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Taro and sago
- BLACK RICE YOGHURT
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Omega3 Brain Boost Mousse
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Victoria sponge with vanilla buttercream filling.
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Kel's Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Variation Chicken & Leek Filling