- 1000g quince, peeled, cored & roughly chopped
- 250g water
- 350g castor sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 100g unsalted butter
- 6 large egg yolks
Place quince, water & sugar into the TM bowl. Cook for 30 - 60 mins 100 degrees speed 1. Instead of placing the MC on top place the basket or the varoma on top to let out some steam. The timing depends on your quince cook until quince are a deep orange/red colour.
Place the MC back on top instead of the basket or Varoma. Puree the mixture by slowly going from speed 1 - 7 for around 20 secs. Add remaining ingredients & mix for 10 secs speed 5. Mixture should be nice & thick. Pour into hot sterilized jars, allow the curd to cool & then seal & store in the fridge.
Thanks to Erica for helping me test & convert this amazing recipe & she took a great photo too
Serve the curd on toast, as a filling for a cake or tart eg instead of lemoncurd in a lemon merigue pie. Stirred through homemade yoghurt or ice cream.
Try using it for the filling in these cupcakes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats Vanilla Slice
- Deliciously thick Chocolate Custard
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs