- 1000g quince, peeled, cored & roughly chopped
- 250g water
- 350g castor sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 100g unsalted butter
- 6 large egg yolks
Place quince, water & sugar into the TM bowl. Cook for 30 - 60 mins 100 degrees speed 1. Instead of placing the MC on top place the basket or the varoma on top to let out some steam. The timing depends on your quince cook until quince are a deep orange/red colour.
Place the MC back on top instead of the basket or Varoma. Puree the mixture by slowly going from speed 1 - 7 for around 20 secs. Add remaining ingredients & mix for 10 secs speed 5. Mixture should be nice & thick. Pour into hot sterilized jars, allow the curd to cool & then seal & store in the fridge.
Thanks to Erica for helping me test & convert this amazing recipe & she took a great photo too
Serve the curd on toast, as a filling for a cake or tart eg instead of lemoncurd in a lemon merigue pie. Stirred through homemade yoghurt or ice cream.
Try using it for the filling in these cupcakes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Date rolls
- Sugar fried chestnut ls
- Musk Stick Fudge
- Chocolate creams
- LCHF Raw Caramel Slice
- Vegan Oreo No Bake Cheesecake with Choc Ripple Base
- Dairy Free Vanilla Custard
- Dairy free Honey Joys
- Dairy free soy free chocolate ice cream
- Date and almond butter chocolates
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Iced Chocolate Biscuits
- Sugar fried chestnut ls
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade