- 100 grams diced mixed dried fruits including apricots, prunes, figs, raisins
- 125 grams orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 200 grams arborio rice
- 40 grams verjuice
- 600 grams orange juice (including stock from fruits)
8h 35minPreparation 8h 35minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place dried fruits into a bowl with the 125gm orange juice and allow to soak overnight.
2. Drain fruits and save juice stock.
3. Melt butter in TM bowl 1 minute/100 deg/
4. Add drained fruit and saute 1 minute/100 deg/
5. Insert butterfly whisk, add arborio rice and saute 1 minute/120 deg/ /speed 1.5
6. Add verjuice and saute for a further 2 minutes/Varoma/ /speed 1.5
7. Add remaining orange juice and fruit stock, scraping gently to loosen all ingredients into liquid.
8. Cook 25 minutes/100 deg/ /speed 1/5 with simmering basket over MC opening.
9. Place into thermoserver and allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
10. Serve warm with your favourite cream, custard or icecream.
Accessories you need
Should you want to use alcohol to soak fruit, use an orange flavoured one such as Cointreau.
You can substitute the verjuice for white wine.
As the liquid is predominantly orange juice, the acidity may cause the rice to take a little longer to cook. You can change quantities to 400ml orange juice and 200ml water.
If you use figs, remember it may be the fig seeds that seem crunchy rather than the rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Apricot Balls/Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Custard with Protein Powder
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Sugar Cookies
- Easter Egg Buns
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Fig Honey Almond Tart