- 300 g dark chocolate, good quality
- 100 g Butter
- 1 cup whole raw nuts, almonds, macadamias, pistachio/s and/or hazelnuts
- 100 g Cranberries, dried
- 100 g Turkish delight, red coloured
- 100 g marshmallow bits, white pieces
- 100 g white chocolate bits
- 1 tablespoon liqueur, optional: maybe Frangelico or Tia Maria is nice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence, if no liqueur is used
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1/2 metre plastic wrap
- silicone mat
- 1-2 metres natural twine, optional
Place chocolate in TM and grate 3 sec/speed 8.
Place butter in TM with chocolate and melt together 3-4 minutes/50C /speed 1 or until melted.You don't want it too warm.
Add the nuts, cranberries and liqueur. Mix 1 min/speed 1/
So the new items don't melt, when the mix is no longer warm, add the turkish delight, marshmallow bits and chocolate bits. Mix 1 min/speed 1/.
Layout the silicone mat and layout flat the glad wrap on top. Pour the rocky road mixture on top of the plastic wrap in a long, rectangular shape. the same length you want the salami, say 15 cm by 3 cm.
Once cool, but not yet set, use the glad wrap to roll the mixture into a salami shape. Gather the ends of the glad wrap near the long ends of the rectangle, and begin to roll the chocolate into a salami shape along the length of the rectangle. Roll it back and forth until it begins to form the salami shape. Once it looks salami-sh, twist the end together like a lolly wrapper. Now let it cool some more.
Place the salami on the silicone mat, and roll it up, plastic wrap and all, and place it in the fridge. You can do this before it is fully set. While it cools, remove it from the fridge and repeat the rolling a few times to keep the shape. Do this regularly while it sets, as you don't want it to get a really flat bottom,. It will probably be a little flat, and that is ok as long as it is not too obvious.
Once it is well chilled and set, it can be unwrapped from the glad wrap. Throw away the glad wrap and any pieces of chocolate that fell off as you unwrapped, wipe the silicone mat down, and place the salami on the clean silicone mat.
Now dust with icing sugar and wipe gently over the salami.
If desired you can wrap it with twine.
Rocky Road Mix
Putting it together
If you do not want a salami, simply make it into a rocky road; Pour it into a tray and cut into squares or place into cupcake papers and allow it to set.
I find it easier to serve and slice at room temperature.
Of course, you can change the added ingredients, eg ginger pieces, maltesers. Round things look good.
Recipe adapted from //www.notquitenigella.com/2014/12/22/chocolate-salami/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Loukoumia - Greek or Turkish Delight
- Wattleseed Shortbread
- Oatmeal Choc Chip Breakfast Cookie
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Nut butter Porridge