- 225 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 140 g Cold Butter, Cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tablespoons iced water
1. Process the flour, sugar and butter for 10 seconds, speed 6, or until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Scrape down the bowl and add the egg yolk and about 1 tablespoon of cold water. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 6. The mixture should be coming together. Add a little more water if needed to help combine it and mix again, scraping down between each addition. When mixture is coming together knead it for 45 seconds.
3. Turn the pastry out on to a thermomat or clean surface and bring together into a cylinder shape. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 40 minutes.
4. Roll out the cold pastry and place in to a loose bottom tart tin. Lay baking paper ovr the pastry and cover with pie weights. Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and discard the pie weights and baking paper. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
5. Fill the case with your favourite filling.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Halawet El Rez
- Maple Pancakes
- Pear sorbet
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake