- 700 g white sugar, Mill to create icing sugar
- 130 g Milk
- 125 g Butter
- 50 g golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 180 g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence, *optional
1h 20minPreparation 1h 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
9Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Vegetarian Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter BBQ Birthday Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Easy Low budget Dessert Snack Heating All-in-one cooking with Varoma Praline/sweets
1. Mill half the sugar, 1 min, speed 10. Set aside then mill the remaining sugar, 1 min, speed 10. Place reserved sugar back into the mixing bowl.
2. Add milk, mix 10 sec, speed 5
3. Cook 15 min, 90 degrees, speed 2.5, MC on
4. Add remaining ingredients except vanilla
5. Cook 25 mins, Varoma temp, speed 2 MC off
By then the mixture should be a lovely caramel colour.
6. Take lid off bowl and let mixture cool down for 25 - 30 mins or until light is on 80 degrees on Thermomix.
While the mixture is cooling, prepare your tin. I use either a 20 cm square tin or a 20 cm round cake tin. Prepare by greasing and lining with baking paper.
7. Add Vanilla essence if desired.
8. Beat mixture for 6 1/2 minutes, speed 5.5, MC off.
Mixture should now have thickened up and lost it's gloss. If it is still looking a bit glossy and hasn't thickened, beat for another 1 - 3 mins, keeping an eye on it.
9. Pour immediately into the prepared tray. Leave it on benchtop to cool down and set.
9. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake