- 500 g glutinous rice
- 2 pandan leaves, Each tied in a knot
- 400 g coconut milk
- 250 g raw sugar
1) Weigh 500g glutinous rice. Wash well X3 in water, rubbing granules between your fingers each time, and each time draining the starchy water.
2) Cover with water at least 5 cm above the rice, as rice will expand. Leave to soak 4 hours - overnight.
3) Drain water. Place rice into a deep pie dish with flat base - about 20 cm diameter.
4) Add two pandan leaves tied in knots and push into rice. Pour 200mL coconut milk into dish.
5) Place dish into Varoma dish with 1L water in thermomix bowl. Steam 35mins/ Varoma/ speed 3 until rice is cooked.
6) Take dish out of varoma and remove pandan leaves. Empty and dry thermomix bowl.
7) Into thermomix bowl add 200g coconut milk and 250g raw sugar. Cook 2 mins/ 100oC/ speed2 until sugar has dissolved.
8.) Add cooked rice into thermomix bowl and cook on / 5 mins/ 100oC/ speed 2.
9) Place into deep pie dish (can be the same as the steaming dish) and cover immediately with clingwrap to prevent top hardening.
10) Once cooled, cut cake into diamond shapes and serve. Keep at room temperature.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Accessories you need
In place of pandan leaves you can use a few drops of pandan essence, found in some asian speciality shops. Pandan leaves are also called 'screwpine' leaves. Pandan leaves may be freezed indefinitely.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.