- 50 grams raw sugar, or to taste
- 250 grams water
- 20 grams lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon quills large
- 12 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 750 grams Good quality cider
Place sugar, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg into TM bowl and cook for 5 min / 100 deg / speed 1
Add cider and cook 7 min / 80 deg / speed 1.
Use a good quality cider - Hillbilly from Bilpin NSW is my favourite as it has nothing but the fruit and is not super sweet like others I've tried. Pear cider will give a sweeter result than apple cider.
Increase the spices to suit you taste. A nice variation is with ground ginger and a couple cardamom pods.
Mulled drinks are perfectly suited for the cold months. Dare I sat it, but this mulled cider is a lovely day time drink! Mulled wine can be too heavy, but this would be lovely with a sunday roast or just afternoon cocktail hour snacks.
Freeze any leftovers and use for a grown up sorbet with fresh pear or apple and some ginger!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ELDERBERRY SYRUP with extra cloves
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Chocolate Fudge creamy frappe
- LCHF Iced Coffee
- Iced tea syrup
- Raspberry Slushie
- BBC (Bailey's Banana Colada) Cocktail Recipe
- Pink lemonade
- Ginger & Lime Cordial
- Fi's Whiskey Cream Liqueur
- Cheats Greek style frappe
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Lemon cheesecake pots
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Mini Weetbix & Date loaf Cakes