- 50 grams raw sugar, or to taste
- 250 grams water
- 20 grams lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon quills large
- 12 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 750 grams Good quality cider
Place sugar, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg into TM bowl and cook for 5 min / 100 deg / speed 1
Add cider and cook 7 min / 80 deg / speed 1.
Use a good quality cider - Hillbilly from Bilpin NSW is my favourite as it has nothing but the fruit and is not super sweet like others I've tried. Pear cider will give a sweeter result than apple cider.
Increase the spices to suit you taste. A nice variation is with ground ginger and a couple cardamom pods.
Mulled drinks are perfectly suited for the cold months. Dare I sat it, but this mulled cider is a lovely day time drink! Mulled wine can be too heavy, but this would be lovely with a sunday roast or just afternoon cocktail hour snacks.
Freeze any leftovers and use for a grown up sorbet with fresh pear or apple and some ginger!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Cordial
- Passionfruit mojito
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Fiona’s Iced Coffee
- Pineapple and Coconut Daiquiri
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Heavenly BoozyBunny Easter Chocolate Cocktail
- Purple smoothie
- Best Quality Life Grapes-Clove healing
- Tim Tam Milkshake
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup