- 50 g brown sugar
- 200 g water
- 3 pieces orange zest (approx. 1 orange)
- 60 g orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cardamon pods, crushed
- 2 star anise
- 750 g alcoholic apple cider
- 1 whole orange, cut into thin horizontal slices, for garnishing
Place all ingredients, except cider and orange slices, into mixing bowl and cook 5 min/100C/Speed1.
- Add cider and cook 7min/80C/speed 1. Strain through simmering basket into a serving jug and serve hot, garnished with orange slices and extra cinnamon quills.
Accessories you need
This is a great recipe for those winter months, perfect for serving at a Christmas in July party.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Pomegranate Juice
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Chocolate coconut slice
- Cashew oat drink
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice