- 100 g Pearl barley
- 250 g Lemon juice, Roughly 3 lemons
- 1500 g Water, Enough to cover the barley
- --- Zest of 2 lemons
- 200 g Sugar, I use raw sugar
25minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking 20min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Rinse pearl barley and place in bowl, add water and lemon zest. 10min, varoma, sp1
2. Drain water through simmer basket discarding barley and zest. Put liquid back into bowl. Add sugar and lemon juice.
10min, 80 degrees, sp 1
3. Pour cordial into warm sterilised bottle, store in fridge for up to two weeks. I like to Serve one part cordial to two parts water or soda.
During step 1 add 4 slices of ginger to make a lemon-ginger barley cordial.
Also nice served hot hot with a dash of honey to sooth the winter blues.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Baby First Food
- Radish soup
- Mexican Tortilla Stack
- Ginger Slice
- Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Risotto
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- My almost Paleo Choc Pear Cupcakes
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecakes
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- PECAN PIE