- 100 g pearl barley
- 250 g lemon juice, Roughly 3 lemons
- 1500 g water, Enough to cover the barley
- --- Zest of 2 lemons
- 200 g sugar, I use raw sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Rinse pearl barley and place in bowl, add water and lemon zest. 10min, varoma, sp1
2. Drain water through simmer basket discarding barley and zest. Put liquid back into bowl. Add sugar and lemon juice.
10min, 80 degrees, sp 1
3. Pour cordial into warm sterilised bottle, store in fridge for up to two weeks. I like to Serve one part cordial to two parts water or soda.
During step 1 add 4 slices of ginger to make a lemon-ginger barley cordial.
Also nice served hot hot with a dash of honey to sooth the winter blues.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Variation Mixed Berry Jam for TM 5
- Kheer (Indian spiced rice pudding)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Coffee Bar Cake