- 200 g water
- 250 g caster sugar
- 60 g fresh lemon juice, (approx. 2 lemons)
- 2 Fresh Mangoes, peeled, flesh only (or frozen mango cheeks or tinned mangoes, drained liquid reserved)
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 45 g Sugar Syrup, (or reserved tinned mango liquid)
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds removed (or half tsp of vanilla paste)
- 90 g gin
- 6 --- ice cubes, (if using frozen mango cheeks, use less ice)
- 1 dash prosecco or bubbles, (optional)
- Place water and caster sugar into mixing bowl and cook 3 min 30 sec/Varoma/"Gentle stir setting" .
- Check to see if sugar has completely dissolved, repeat if necessary.
- Pour into a sterilised jar and keep for as long as you need.
- Using a peeler, peel strips of lemon zest off the lemons and remove the white pith from the strips. Save the lemon peel strips for garnish.
- Place mango, lemon juice, apricot jam, vanilla bean seeds, sugar syrup, gin and ice into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 10, or until the ice is nicely broken down and at a thick custard consistency.
- Pour into a flute glass and pinch the lemon strip over the top of the glass, running it around the rim to release the oils and aromas. Top up the glass with a little prosecco or bubbles (optional, but recommended).
- Sit back, sip and enjoy.
Accessories you need
A simple sugar syrup is the secret ingredient in most cocktails and can be a very important weapon in your cocktail making arsenal.
Experiment by adding spices, flowers and fruit juices to the simple syrup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.