- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalk Lemon grass, white part only roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 20 grams palm sugar
- 1 Juice & zest of a lime
- 100 grams water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red chilli
- 300 grams Salmon FIllet, Pin boned
- 2 bunches Baby bok choy
- 2 Kafir Lime Leaves, shredded
- 10 Thai basil leaves, torn
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add garlic, chilli, lemon grass, red onion, lime zest and palm sugar to the bowl.
Process 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down bowl.
Add coconut oil and cook 3 mins/100oC/speed 1
Add water & lime juice.
Line varoma tray with wet, wrung out baking paper. Place salmon on top tray and assemble Varoma.
Steam for 5 mins/100oC/speed 1 while sauce is reducing.
Add the bok choy to the bottom of the Varoma and steam for another 5 minutes or until wilted but still crunchy. Check that Salmon is cooked to your liking.
Pan fry the salmon quickly in a hot pan if a browned finish is desired.
Place the bok choy into 2 serving bowls, top with the salmon.
Pour over the sauce & garnish with the lime leaves, chilli & thai basil
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Paleo Hummingbird Cake
- Calamari & Scallop Laksa
- Prawn & Scallop Sausage with Tomato Reduction
- Chilli Lime Jam
- Creamy Chocolate Raspberry Parfait - Paleo
- Orange and Lemon Biscotti with Pistachio and Almond
- Chilled Green Pea Soup with Mint Granita
- Paleo Raw Chocolate Bark
- Lemon Scented Coconut Almond Macaroons