- Whole fish or fish fillets (eg 1.2 kg fish for 4 people) - suggest snapper or barramundi
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 red hot chillies
- 2 Lemongrass stalk, s (soft part only)
- fresh ginger - (equiv to approx 2 tablespoons) cut into thin "discs" - approx 4-5 mm
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup spring onions/shallots
- 100 g palm sugar
- rind of 1 lime
- juice of 4 Limes
- 15 g fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes (or 2 roma tomatoes)
Place garlic, chillies, lemongrass (cut into 8cm lengths) and ginger into TM bowl. Chop on speed 8 for 3-5 seconds.
Add herbs and spring onions. Pulse 3-4 times, checking for rough chop texture. Set aside.
Put palm sugar in bowl. Grate on speed 8 for 3-5 seconds. Add lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce and sesame oil. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.Toss dressing through chopped herbs etc...Set aside half the salsa mixture for serving with cooked fish.
Place fish on sheet of cooking foil. Using remaining salsa, put some inside and some outside fish. Make a "parcel" with the foil around the fish. Place in Varoma dish.
Pourr 1100g water into TM bowl. Place Varoma into position on TM lid.
Cook for 15-25 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 3. (Depending on size and quantity of fish).
Option at this time, place rinsed jasmine rice in steamer basket. Place in TM bowl.
Continue cooking for another 15 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 3.
While fish is cooking, chop tomatoes into small pieces and toss through "salsa'.
Open parcel and check that fish is cooked. When fish is cooked, serve with rice and a spoonful of salsa.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- Tuna Mornay
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Sou vide Moreton Bay Bug with cauliflower 3 ways, brioche crumb and hollandaise - Josh Lopez
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Tuna Mornay
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- lchf red curry prawn rissotto (thermofun)
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Quick Lime and Coconut Slice, Gluten Free and Diary Free
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Carol’s Mayo
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Raw Christmas Fruit Cake
- Bourbon Lime & Ginger Ham Glaze
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Chilli Jam
- Chipotle Vegetable Chilli Bowls