- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 8 small red chillis
- 30 grams galangal, peeled
- 6 eschalots
- 2 Lemon grass stems, white part only
- 10 cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon tumeric
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 4 tablespoon coconut oul
- 8 scallops
- 1 squid tube, thinly sliced
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 150 grams coconut water
- 100 grams laksa paste
- 20 grams palm sugar
- 1 juice of a lime
- 100 grams Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 10 Basil leaves, torn
- 2 Fresh chillis, diced
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cook the shrimp paste 1 min/speed 1.
Add all other ingredients to the bowl
Blend until a smooth paste 30 sec/speed 5, stopping twice to scrape down the bowl.
Add laksa past to the bowl & cook 1 min/100oc/speed 1 until fragrant.
Add Coconut milk & water, palm sugar & lime to the bowl
Cook 15 mins/90oC/speed 1.
Cook noodles as per packet instructions.
Pan fry the scallops & calamari for 30 seconds till just cooked.
Drain vermicelli noodles & divide between 2 bowls. Pour over the laksa, top with the calamari & scallops.
Garnish with the lime leaves, basil & chilli.
You can steam the seafood in the Varoma
The Laksa paste will keep in the fridge for a week or freeze for longer storage.
Try to buy small squid tubes as they are more tender
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Asian Salmon with Bok Choy
- Paleo Hummingbird Cake
- Prawn & Scallop Sausage with Tomato Reduction
- Chilli Lime Jam
- Creamy Chocolate Raspberry Parfait - Paleo
- Orange and Lemon Biscotti with Pistachio and Almond
- Chilled Green Pea Soup with Mint Granita
- Paleo Raw Chocolate Bark
- Lemon Scented Coconut Almond Macaroons
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Mince Chow Mein with Pumpkin
- Butter Chicken Sam Woods Style
- Korma Paste
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Hummus - Tahini free
- Variation Chilli Con Carne