- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 500 grams coconut cream (lite)
- 500 grams fish fillets (light white meat - cubed or small slices)
- 2 eggs
- 4 stalks spring onion (bases only)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon candlenuts (slightly roasted)
- 2 tablespoons galangal, available at Asian grocery stores
- 2 tablespoons rhizome, available at Asian grocery stores
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 4 chillies (small red)
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon zest from kaffir lime
- 3 tablespoons kaffir lime leaves (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (prahok)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4-6 banana leaves
- 300 grams cabbage leaves (to replace Nhor leaves)
- 3 tablespoons kaffir leaves thinly sliced (extra)
- 125 grams coconut cream lite (extra)
- extra chilli for garnish
1h 20minPreparation 1h 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1) Grind palm sugar in TMX for 15 seconds / speed 10. Add cornflour and mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.
Put these aside for later in the recipe and empty the TMX bowl
2) Add Kroeung ingredients and chop for 15 Seconds on speed 7.
3) Add coconut milk to the Kroueng paste, and then add the palm sugar and cornflour mix that had been set aside. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 3.
4) Add fish fillets that have been cubed into small squares or smallish strips. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 1.
5) Add the two eggs and mix again for 10 seconds on speed 2.
6) Marinade Amok mixture for an hour in the fridge, in the TMX jug.
Prepare the banana leaves
Soak for a few minutes in warm water to make supple and clean.
Fold up corners into a point and then fold down, creating the side of a square vessel. Pin with a toothpick. Repat on the other side to create a square banana boat.
Filling the banana boats
Place thinly sliced cabbage leaves (or the traditional nhor leaves if you can find them) in the banana boats so they are around 1/3 filled.
Place Amok mix in the banana boats and top with the remainder coconut cream and kaffir lime leaves
Cooking the Fish Amok
Fill the clean TMX bowl with 1 litre of water and steam the banana leaf boats placing each boat into the Varoma dish, cover and steam them on speed 4, on the Varoma heat setting, for 25 minutes.
Check to ensure the fish is cooked.
Add extra chopped red chilli on top as a garnish - serve with rice.
Prepare the Kroueng
Accessories you need
If you cannot find or use banana leaves, put the amok mix into smallish ramekins and steam. Allow for extra 5 mins to cook through the ceramic dishes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Mum's Easy Salmon Parcels with Quinoa and Pak Choy
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- Tuna Mornay
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Sou vide Moreton Bay Bug with cauliflower 3 ways, brioche crumb and hollandaise - Josh Lopez
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Tuna Mornay
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Mash and steamed veg
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Parmigiana Sauce
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Simple Carrot Salad
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Banana Muffins using leftover Almond Pulp from Almond Milk (vegan)
- Wholemeal and Grain Bread