- 1000 g water
- 300 g basmati rice
- 5 eggs
- 350 g smoked cod (or hot smoked salmon, skip cooking of fish and add at end of recipe)
- 20 g fresh parsley leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g butter or olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder, madras
- 100 g cream
- 1 tbsp lemon, (optional)
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- Place water in mixing bowl, then insert simmering basket. Weigh in rice then add ½ tsp salt. Place Varoma dish into position and place eggs into it. Insert Varoma tray then weigh fish onto it. Cover Varoma and steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 3.Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
- Set Varoma aside. Transfer eggs to a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes to cool, then transfer fish to a plate and set aside.
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula, transfer cooked rice into Thermoserver or serving bowl, cover to keep warm. Empty water out of mixing bowl, rinse and dry.
- Place parsley in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 8. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place garlic in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Add onion and chop 3sec/speed 5. Scrape down bowl. Add oil or butter and sauté 2 min/100deg/speed 1.
- Add spices, cream, 10g of reserved chopped parsley, lemon (if using) salt and pepper to mixing bowl. Cook 1 minute/100 degrees/ speed 1. Add to rice and stir gently.
- Flake the fish and scatter over the rice. Peel and quarter the eggs, then arrange on the rice. Scatter with remaining chopped parsley to serve.
Accessories you need
Kedgeree it thought to have originated with the Indian rice and bean dish khichri, traced back to as early as 1340. It is believed that the dish was brought back to the UK by returning british colonials and has been adapted over many years!
This is my families recipe! It is a tradition to serve Kedgeree for brunch on Good Friday!
Hope you enjoy!
Follow along on my thermomixing journey
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Janine's Flower Citrus biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Banana Cake
- Janine's Berry Bounty Bites - Thermie and Friends
- Veg loaded Spaghetti Bolognese
- GF Slow cooker Roast Lamb Leg and Gravy
- Persimmon Pudding (Percy Pud)
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Nutella Ice Cream (no eggs)
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup