- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, quartered
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 350 g Milk
- 85 g cheese (regular matured or parmesan )
- --- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- 300 g corn kernels (frozen)
- 425 g tin of tuna, drained
- 1 package pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- drizzle of oil
Chop garlic & onion for 5 secs on speed 6. Scrape down sides.
Add a dollop of butter, then sauté garlic & onion, varoma temp, speed 1 for 6 mins.
Add butter, flour, milk, cheese. Cook for 8 mins at 90 degrees speed 4.
Drain and add a large tin of tuna shredded, frozen corn & lemon juice to taste. Cook for 10-12 mins at 100 degrees, speed 2 on reverse using a spatula to incorporate ingredients until blended. In the meantime cook selected pasta on stovetop.
Pour tuna mixture from Thermomix into the cooked pasta & add salt, pepper to taste and serve. . . . or proceed to next step & bake.
(Optional) Pour into flat greased oven-proof dish, top with a layer of parmesan cheese & breadcrumbs. Drizzle a little oil & bake until golden brown.
Accessories you need
You can use any vegetables instead of or with corn - peas etc. It encourages kids to eat veggies!
You can vary the amount of milk depending on how runny you prefer the white sauce. Anything from 350g to 400g is fine. 350g is a bit less runny.
Be careful not to add too much lemon juice to mixture or it may curdle the mixture
Cooking the pasta on the stove top is optional it just speeds up the process and gets dinner on the table sooner!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns