- 2 Cups Rice Flour, (or 300gms rice if milling your own)
- 1 level tbsp GF baking powder
- 3 level teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper, (optional)
- 350 mls soda or sparkling water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- Olive oil or coconut oil for frying
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Prepare your fish fillets first by coating in the rice flour - (best to do this first as batter needs to be used straight away otherwise the mixture becomes thick like baby cereal and difficult to use (we know this from experience!)
2. If milling your own rice flour do that now - if not move on to step 2 to start recipe.
2. Add rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper to mixing bowl and mix 6 Sec/Sp5
3. Add soda or sparkling water to beaten egg and mix 20/Sp 4 or until you have a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into suitable dish for you to coat the fish in the batter, letting excess batter drip off.
5.Fry in preheated olive or coconut oil for 4-6 minutes until crispy.
6.Dry on paper towel to remove excess oil before serving.
The original recipe for this comes from http://reclaimyourhealth.com.au/the-best-gluten-free-fish-batter/
I have just thermified the batter mixture but of course this could quite easily be made using bowls. Please take note of tip at beginning of preparation steps to prepare and coat your fish first so that you can use the batter straight away before it becomes too thick and difficult to handle. Suitable for TM 31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Greek Yoghurt Ranch Dip
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Gluten Free Shortbread Biscuits
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- Gluten Free Jaffa Cakes
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE MUDCAKE
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Pate au Pistou
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Mini Cheese and bacon rolls- pie maker