- 1 onion
- 25g Butter
- 3 heaped teaspoons taco seasoning
- 25g plain flour
- 250g Milk
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen
- 1/2 cup peas, baby, frozen
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- 185g tuna fish
- tasty cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- 1/2 cup Salsa
Recipe is created for
TM 6For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c.
Add quartered peeled onion to TM bowl chop 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula. Add 25g butter, then saute 5min 100C speed 1/"Counter-clockwise operation" Replace MC with steaming basket. May want to check halfway through this saute and scrape down sides of bowl to ensure all onion is cooked.
Add 3 heaped teaspoons taco seasoning, 25g flour, 250g milk and cook 6 mins 90C speed 1.5 "Counter-clockwise operation"
Add drained tuna, 1/2 cup corn kernals, 1/2 cup baby peas, 1/2 cup drained black beans. Optional at this point to add salsa if using. 10 sec/speed 3 "Counter-clockwise operation"
- Divide combined mixture into two small dishes approximately 14cm x 22cm and 4 cm high(Really just an indication). Roughly crush some corn chips (whatever flavour you like) and sprinkle on tuna mix. Then grated tasty cheese and into 180c oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Accessories you need
You can really make this your own and add chopped capsicum at stage of cooking onion, also grated carrot or zuchinni if trying to get more veg into it. This version is very mild, if you like a bit of heat, use a Tuna in Chilli oil, and a hot salsa if adding. Image is before being cooked
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jimbaran BBQ Fish Sauce @levi_nathania
- Otak Otak
- Marians Fettuccine
- Batagor by @levi_nathania
- Prawn and Egg Curry
- The Wedding Soup by @levi_nathania
- Curried Salmon
- Steamed Fish with Mushroom by Levi
- Crispy Corned Tuna
- Simply & Yummy Tuna Pasta
- Tuna Mornay Pasta Bake by The Busy Thermie
- Creamy Tuna Casserole
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche
- Variation Shortcut Natural Yoghurt
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)