- 600 g fresh salmon fillets, cut in quarters
- 1 level tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 level tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 level tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 level tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 level tsp sea salt
- 1/4 level tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 400-420 g basmati rice, can use 500g cauliflowr as alternative (broken into florets)
- 1 pieces avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 piece red capsicum, deseeded
- 1 piece mango, flesh only
- 1/2 --- red onion
- 1 piece lime, juiced
- 1. Place allspice, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper in bowl. 2-3 secs/speed 3.
2. Cut 2-4 square baking paper (25 x 25 cm ). Place a salmon fillet onto each square. Drizzle salmon with olive oil, then rub the spice mix onto the salmon. Fold the baking paper to seal the parcel, tucking the folded ends of paper underneath the parcels, and place 2 of the parcels seam side up into Varoma dish (see tips) and 2 parcels onto Varoma bowl. Insert Varoma tray onto Varoma dish, line varoma dish with wringed out damp baking paper. Set Varoma bowl and tray aside.
3. Empty bowl, rinse and dry. Place half a head of cauliflour (or up to 500g) into mixing bowl and chop 3-5 sec/reverse/speed 5 or until evenly chopped. Place in prepared Varoma dish. Rinse and dry bowl .
4. To make the Mango Salsa, add all ingredients into mixing bowl and 3 secs/speed 4
Check ingredients chopped up. If you want more chopping, select 2-3 secs/speed 5.
5. Empty and divide mango salsa into serving bowl
6. Rinse and dry bowl. Fill with water up to 1 litre.
7. THIS STEP CAN BE OMITTED IF YOU ARE NOT COOKING THE RICE OPTION.
Place rinsed basmati rice in simmering basket. Select rice cooker mode on TM6. See tips for TM5. Once timer gets down to 15-17 min, place Varoma bowl, dish and lid on and continue cooking.
8. IF NOT COOKING RICE - Place water (step 6.) into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position, secure Varoma lid and steam
15 min/Varoma/speed 1
9. Once timer is complete, you can choose to quickly sear the salmon skin in a fry pan or leave as is.
10. Place salmon fillet on a plate with 1/4 Cup of cooked Basmati rice/Cauliflour anda big handful of Mango salsa to serve.
Accessories you need
To make sure a few holes in the Varoma dish remain unobstructed for steam to circulate, you can place the butterfly whisk in teh centre of the Varoma dish underneath the parcels of salmon to raise it off the bottom of the Varoma dish.
Rice cooking in TM5.
Place rice in simmering basket. 20-30 mins/Varoma/speed 3
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Passionfruit mojito
- Dans frozen treats Variation Frozen Mango Bars...
- Thai Red Lentil Soup
- Janine's Flower Citrus biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Red Salmon, Dill and Finger Lime Dip
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Pineapple and Coconut Daiquiri
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Thai chicken curry risotto