- 1 onion, brown, large, peeled and halved
- 100 g cauliflower florets
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped (approx 100g)
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped (approx 120g)
- 50 g Nuttelex, or butter
- 50 g plain flour, gluten free or regular
- 500 g soy milk, or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp savoury yeast flakes, or cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 425 g Tuna in springwater, drained
- 2 sweet corn cobs, kernels removed and set aside
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion, cauliflower, celery and carrot into , MC on, chop 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl
- Add Nuttelex to MC off, saute 5 minutes, Varoma, speed 1. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add flour to MC off, 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1. Scrape down sides of bowl and bottom of bowl well with spatula to loosen any vegetables.
Add milk, savoury yeast flakes, mustard, salt and pepper to , MC on, cook 6 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 2.5
Bring your pot of water back to the boil in preparation for your rice. Add desired quantity of rice and cook according to packet directions.
- I like to blend the sauce to make it smooth. MC on, Blend 20 seconds - turn dial to speed 3 and then gradually/slowly increase to Speed 8.
- Add tuna (break up any larger pieces) and corn to , stir with spatula to combine, MC on, cook 10 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 2.
- Serve with your choice of rice, pasta, quinoa, zoodles or atop a large baked potato.
Fill large saucepan with water in preparation for cooking rice. Bring to boil and then switch off until needed.
I have made this recipe Gluten Free and Dairy Free. As per the ingredients above, I have given the alternatives for those not requiring gf and df or for those wanting to avoid soy milk.
If you haven't taken the corn kernels off the cob prior to starting, do this during the first 5 minute saute step to save time.
GLUTEN FREE: Not all products are gluten free. Please check cans and other packaging to ensure it doesn't contain gluten or possible traces of.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- DILL AND BREADCRUMB SALMON TOPPING
- Tuna Casserole for 2
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Fragrant pipis
- Stir Fry Prawns
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Mum's Easy Salmon Parcels with Quinoa and Pak Choy
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Tuna Mornay
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- 'Ginger FREE' gingerbread - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
- Mushroom, Leek and Bacon Risotto
- Taylor's Healthy Lunchbox Bliss Balls / Bars - gluten free, nut free, dairy free
- San Choy Bow (Allergy Friendly)
- Tuna and Cannellini Bean Dip - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Berry Cheesecake - Allergy Friendly - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cocoa Free, Soy Free)
- Avocado Hommus
- Tomato, Chorizo and Zucchini Risotto
- Chicken and Spinach Risotto
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Tuna Mornay
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese