- 500 g Whole Snapper, scaled, clean, gutted and dried with paper towel
- 1 piece banana leaf, washed and dried
- 1/2 l lemon, sliced
- 2 sprigs Coriandar, wash
- 300 grams basmati rice, rinsed
- 900 grams water
- 2 slices ginger, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cm ginger, fresh, peeled and chopped in half
- 1 piece chili, fresh cut lengthwise, seeds removed, cut again in half an reserver half
- 20 grams Grapeseed Oil
- 60 grams light soya sauce, salt reduced if possible
- 60 grams honey
- 1/2 piece chili, Reserved chilli, sliced thinly and scattered on top
- 2-3 pieces spring onion, washed and sliced and scattered on top
- 2-3 sprigs coriander, scattered on top
8Recipe is created for
Sauce Method In a clean dry bowl
Garlic, ginger and chili Chop 2-3 sec/speed 7 Scrap down bowl Add oil sauté 2min, 100 degrees, speed 1 , MC OFF Add soya sauce & honey, cook 2min , 100 degrees, speed 1, MC OFF
Then set aside (keep warm in Thermoserver if you have one)
Fish Method No need to clean bowl for the next part
Prepare the fish, assuming you have had the fish scaled and cleaned if using a whole snapper, rinse and pat dry with paper towel. Using a sharp knife, make 2 or 3 diagonal cuts in the thick flesh part of the fish both sides.
Prepare banana leaf, wash, dry and cut into shape of an oval to fit comfortably in top Varoma tray. (if no banana leaf use baking paper if you like) Place banana leaf on tray, place fish on top. Note: If fish tail overlaps important to trim to ensure the top of the Varoma lid closes. Place a few slices of lemon and sprigs of coriander inside belly of fish.
If you are not using a whole fish, follow recipe same with portions of fish.Season with salt & pepper. Using scales measure water in bowl, add ginger & salt to bowl to flavour rice while cooking. Using the scales again, measure rice in basket, IMPORTANT TO RINSE RICE, then place basket in bowl. Place bowl lid on without MC Place Varoma dish on bowl lid, (bottom tray of Varoma empty, fish sits in top tray). NOTE: You may wish to steam some asian greens in the bottom but don't fill this dish as you need the steam to cook the fish and you wouldn't add the greens for the whole amount of time, cook greens according to your liking. Close with Varoma lid. Cook Varoma temp /16 min/speed 3 Check fish after 16 min (fish cooking time will vary slightly depending on weight of fish) don't over cook it. Fillets will cook quicker. Remove fish & rice if ready and keep warm in oval thermoserver poor over the sauce.
TIP for plating up: if you have extra Banana Leaf, cut again to size and have on a platter and then place cooked fish on fresh leaf and poor over sauce and garnish with extra springonions, chilli and corriander.
Use for entertaining as canape on asian spoons: Take a small amount of rice, flake the fish top with a small amount of sauce, garnish with spring onion slice, coriander slice and chilli slice. its a reall winner, please try it and post your sucess. enjoy we do every time we have it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chilli Mussels
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Blueberry jam
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables