- 3 spring onions, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, central vein removed
- 1 stalks lemongrass, cut into thirds, white part only
- 5 cm fresh ginger
- 20 g sesame oil
- 1 cubes palm sugar
- 5 sprigs corriander, stalks and roots (washed), leaves retained for garnishing
- 2 long red chilli, deseeded if desired, reserve half thinly sliced for garnishing
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 400 g coconut cream
- 400 g water
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, (or oyster sauce)
- 40 g lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 500 g white fish fillet, (or marinara mix) cut into cubes
- 200 g seasonal vegetables, baby carrots, snow peas, broccolini etc
- Place spring onions/shallots, garlic, Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, oil, ginger, palm sugar, coriander roots and stalks, chilli and turmeric into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 8.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
[color=#333333; font-family: Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px]Add [/color]coconut milk[color=#333333; font-family: Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px], [/color]water[color=#333333; font-family: Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px] and [/color]stock paste[color=#333333; font-family: Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px]. [/color]
- Place Varoma into position and weigh 500g marinara mix or white fish cut into chunks into the Varoma and 200g seasonal vegetables (broccoli, asian greens, baby carrots etc) into the tray. Secure Varoma lid and steam 7 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Carefully stir fish and vegetables to ensure even cooking, secure Varoma lid and steam for a further 7 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Carefully remove varoma and set aside.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice to mixing bowl and mix 6 sec/speed 2.
- Divide fish and vegetables between bowls.
Pour broth over fish and vegetables and garnish with reserved fresh coriander leaves and sliced chillies to serve.
Accessories you need
If looking for a change, try substituting tofu or chicken in place of the seafood.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Mornay
- Hearty and healthy Seafood Chowder
- Coconut Lime Salmon steamed in Banana Leaves
- Tuna Mornay with Spiral Pasta
- Salmon poke bowl
- Tuna and rocket risoni salad
- CRUMBED CRAB CAKES
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Laksa Penang
- German Crust Bread
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- Meat Free Burger Patties
- Variation Quick and easy bread rolls
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Spinach ricotta star