- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 300g Bakers Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Milk Powder
- 170g Warm Water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 180g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 500g Chicken Thigh (or breast if you prefer)
- 240ml Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber sliced thinly lengthways
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 tsp black and white sesame seeds
- Kewpie mayonnaise
3h 40minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1) Place the chicken in a bowl. Add the buttermilk, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Mix together, cover and place in the fridge to marinade for at least 1 hour.
2) Mix the crispy coating ingredients together in a small bowl. Take the chicken out of the fridge. Take a piece from the buttermilk and allow the excess to drip off. Dredge the chicken in the crispy coating mixture – ensuring it’s fully covered. Place on a tray and repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
3) Once the oil is hot enough, add in 10-12 of the pieces. You can add more or less depending on the size of your pan, just be sure not to overcrowd the chicken. Cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked in the middle. You can check this by cutting open a piece of chicken, if it’s no longer pink in the middle, it’s cooked.
4) Place on a tray in the oven to keep warm whilst you cook the rest of the chicken.
1) Add all the Bao Buns ingredients into the in order.
2) Mix for 6 Seconds, 80°, Speed 6.
3) Using the Knead Function, for 2 Minutes.
4) Remove the dough from bowl and place into either a lightly greased bowl and cover with Cling Wrap OR place onto a Silicone Bread Mat & leave to rise for 1 hour.
5) Roll out the dough onto a silicone bread mat & using either a round cookie cutter or a glass, cut out as many circles as you can get, ensuring you re-roll the scraps to make more.
6) Fold each circle in half & lightly srpay with oil to prevent sticking. Place into a Varoma Tray & allow to rise for around 45 minutes.
7) Place 1L water into the mixing bowl & set to 12 Minutes, Varoma Temp, Speed 2.
1) Add all of the sauce ingredients into the Mixing Bowl & set to Thicken Mode. Once done, pop aside and prepare the vegetable components.
1) Jullienne your veggies of choice.
Fill buns with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
As a tip, I drizzle the sauce & a little bit of mayonnaise on top
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.