- 1 tablespoon Fennel seed
- 12 green cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns, mixed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1.5 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 fresh red chillis
- 5 cm fresh ginger root
- 15 fresh garlic cloves
- 1.5 red onion, 1.5 Large Red Onion
- 2 teaspoons pink salt, or use your best salt
- 4 tablespoon ghee/oil of your choice, use your best oil
- 1000 g Beef Chuck Steak, or use Lamb Chop or Chicken Thigh or Large pieces of a Root Vegetable
- .2 litre coconut milk, I use Ayam Brand
Recipe is created for
- Add all ingredients for the Spice Mix to a Coffee Grinder or a Thermomix.
- Grind to a fine powder. Speed 5 | 5 seconds
- Roast for 5 minutes to release all aromatics. Speed 2 | Reverse | 5 minutes | 100˚
- Put Garlic, Ginger, Red Onion, Salt & your Oil of choice in Thermomix (where the ground spice mix is).
- Grind to a paste texture. Speed 5 | 3 seconds.
- Add Butterfly.
- Fry together for 5 minutes. Speed 1 | Reverse | Varoma Temp.
- Add Meat & Coconut Milk.
- Cook on Simmer for 40 minutes. Speed 1 | Reverse | Varoma
- Taste. Adjust seasoning as required.
- Check tenderness of Meat. Cook longer if the meat is tough.
- You want to cook it until falling apart and soft.
Grinding & Roasting Spice Mix
Chop and Sautee Marsala Veg
It's time to finish the Masterpiece!
You can change your protein to suit your preference.. chicken, beef, lamb or vegetarian.. it’s all possible once you’ve created your ‘masala’ which is really like your curry paste that you would buy from the shops.
So please enjoy these amazing flavours. Remember you must always adjust seasoning and spiciness for your own preference
I have more recipes at www.martinetrinder.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast