- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and halved
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 100 g coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 500 g coconut cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g tomato paste
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3-5 cm pieces
- 200 g carrots, cut into sticks
- 200 g broccoli florets
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place garlic, ginger and chilli into TM Bowl and chop 3 seconds - speed 7.
- Add onion and chop 2 seconds - speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula.
- Add coconut oil and spices (cinnamon, cardamom, paprika, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala) and cook for 5 minutes - 100ºC - speed spoon. Loosen mixture from sides and base of the bowl with spatula.
- Add coconut cream, lemon juice, tomato paste, salt and chicken. Distribute carrots and broccoli in the Varoma dish and tray (hard vegetables under, soft above). Set to ccok for 25 minutes - Varoma temperature - REVERSE - speed spoon.
This recipe is inspired in Quirky Cooking Butter chicken.
You can use less amount of meat and add some mushrooms or chickpeas to the sauce. I've tried and it works great!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raw Kebbe
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Creamy Carbonara Risotto with Hidden Veg
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Scallion chicken
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Three cup duck tongue
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Beef and Guinness Stew