- 1 tablespoon cumin, (seed or powder)
- 100 g Milk
- 425 g Self Raising Flour, (I like wholewheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 g coconut oil
- 1 Large Brown Onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Green Chillies, de-seeded
- 30 g coconut oil, (can use olive oil)
- 3 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 3 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 litre water, (1,000g)
- 100 g vegetable stock concentrate
- 750 g Chicken strips, (breast or thigh)
- 250 g dried red lenils
- 1 bunch Brocolini, (I like veg so I use 2)
- .5 bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 100 g plain yoghurt, to serve
If using cumin seeds ... dry roast them for 3mins on VAROMA temperature, then mill for 30 seconds speed 9.
Add remaining ingredients and MIX 20 seconds Speed 3 to form a ball. If mixture looks crumbly add another 20g milk and KNEAD 3 minutes. If mixture is already in a ball just KNEAD 3 minutes.
Wrap dough in Thermomat and leave on the bench to rest while you make the Chicken and Lentil Dahl.
Put onion, garlic and green chillies in TM bowl and chop for 7 seconds speed 7.
Scrape down sides, add coconut oil and saute on VAROMA temperature for 7 minutes speed soft (stirring speed).
Add cumin, coriander and tumeric powders and continue to saute on VAROMA temperature for another 7 minutes speed soft (stirring speed).
Add remaining ingredients (except for fresh coriander and yoghurt) and cook for 20 minutes 100 deg C on speed soft (stirring speed)
Slice Brocolini in half down the length and put into the Varoma to steam on top of the Chicken & Lentil Dhal as it cooks.
Divide dough into 12 balls. Select one dough ball and roll with a rolling pin until about the size of a bread plate, quite thin. Do each ball individually leaving a moderate dusting of flour over each Naan Bread.
(optional: spread with philly cheese dip/grated cheese and garlic powder over the Naan Bread and fold in half and gently roll to keep together)
Dry fry the Naan Breads in an electric frying pan on Heat 8 (or dry fry in a heavy base frying pan on your stove top) for about 40 seconds. Naan Breads will puff-up slightly. Turn once and fry remaining side for about another 40 seconds. Set aside on serving dish covered with a clean tea towl)
The Dhal should have finished cooking once the Naan Breads are ready. Set Chicken & Lentil Dahl into a serviing dish and stir through steamed broccolini.
Serve on steamed rice with fresh yoghurt, chopped corriander leaves and Instant Naan Bread.
Instant Naan Bread (1)
Chicken & Lentil Dhal (1)
Instant Naan Bread (2)
Chicken & Lentil Dhal (2)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Best Thai Prawn Curry
- Naturally sweetened Condensed Milk
- Berry nice Zucchini cake
- Cambodian Chicken & Cashew nuts
- Bounty Custard
- Layered bacon & lettuce salad
- 10 minute Tuna Pasta
- Sugarless Fig & Ginger Chocolate Custard
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Drink
- Steamy Pork & Vegetable Stir-fry
- Cherry Ripe Custard
- Chicken & Mushroom Profiteroles
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Protein bars
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Variation Apricot Chicken