- 1 large onion, peeled, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 40 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 4 chillies, deseeded
- 30 g fresh ginger
- 4 cm stalk lemongrass, minced, or 1 tsp bottled
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste, or 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cloves, ground
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 15 g palm sugar, or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 40 g coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 800g beef, in fine slices or small cubes, or chosen amount of chicken, duck, tofu
- 4 small potatoes, waxy
- 1 red capsicum, in strips or 1,5 cm squares
- 400g feijoa flesh, roughly chopped
- massaman curry paste
- 400ml (1 can) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients into TM bowl, chop 25 sec/ speed 8 for a paste. if necessary, scrape down sides and repeat.
To speed up cooking time and to enhance the flavour,
brown beef slices in a fry pan with coconut oil.
Place all ingredients except fresh coriander in TM bowl, add browned meat, cook 10 to 15 minutes/ Varoma temperature/ / speed 1.
Cooking time depends on meat chosen, please adjust accordingly.
Chicken needs to be cooked thoroughly but cooking time is shorter than for stewing beef.
To prevent splatters you might have to use the simmering basket instead of the MC.
Let the cooked curry rest in ThermoServer for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
Decorate with chopped fresh coriander leaves and a bit of red capsicum for colour!
Feijoas seem to help tenderise meat, similar to kiwi fruit. Their tropical flavour work very well with Thai recipes.
If cooking for children adjust chilli content accordingly!
This curry is delicious with Thai Coconut Rice or Saffron Rice.
Original recipe found in
"Find it. Eat it. Cooking foraged food gathered around New Zealand"
by Michael Daly
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)