- 400 grams mixed mince, pork & beef or chicken & beef
- 40 grams stale bread, cut into pieces
- 100 grams brown onion, halved
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- 700 grams potatoes, peeled and cut into 5cm pieces
- 800 grams water
- 1-2 teaspoons vege or meat stock paste
- 500 grams simmering fluid
- 200 grams cream
- 5-10 grams lemon juice
- 50 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 60 grams capers, drained
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. chop the stale bread in mixing bowl, 15 sec on speed 5 and transfer into a separate container
2. brown onion into mixing bowl and chop 3sec on speed 5, scrape down sides with spatula
3. add breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and mixed mince into mixing bowl, mix 50 sec// speed 4
take out 1 tsp of the mixture at a time and form into a ball, repeat with the rest and place into greased varoma dish (and tray if needed)
4. weigh poattoes into the simmering basket
5. add water and meat or vege stock into mixing bowl, add simmering basket and lid, sit varoma on the top and steam for 27mins/varoma//speed 1
retain simmering fluid in mixing bowl and transfer potatoes and meatballs into thermo server until the sauce is ready
1. use 500gr of the simmering fluid and add the cream, lemon juice, plain flour, salt, pepper into mixing bowl. cook 5min/100 degrees//speed 3
2. add the drained capers and mix 10sec//speed 2
Serve with a green salad
You can add drained and chopped sardines to the meat
Add some fresh herbs like parsley, thyme or dill in step 2 to give a different flavour
Lemon Juice amount to your liking, I like to add rather more than less as it gives it a hollaindaise kind of taste
You could mash your potatoes after steaming. But the classic German dish comes with just boiled potatoes like most German main meals
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banoffee Porridge
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Keto Ice Cream
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Hunker Begendi