- CURRY PASTE:
- 7 dried red chillies (soaked in 1/4 cup hot water for 2 hrs)
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 2 1/2 cm piece cinnamon
- 140 g shallots, /onion peeled and halved
- 4 cm length lemongrass
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 cm piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 80 grams peanut oil
- 1 med onion, halved
- 2 x400 ml cans of coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- all of the prepared curry paste
- 1 kg gravy beef or other tough cut
- 20 grams fish sauce
- 10 grams thick tamarind paste
- 10 grams palm/rapadura sugar
- 4 small red potatoes
- crispy fried shallots, fresh coriander and pan roasted peanuts, to garnish.
8Recipe is created for
Place cinnamon stick into the Thermomix bowl and grind for 1 min on speed 9.
Add cumin seeds and peppercorns with the cinnamon to the TMX bowl and dry roast for 3 Mins on Varoma temp on speed 2. Grind for 1 min on speed 9.
Add chillies with their soaking liquid and all remaining paste ingredients and puree into a smooth paste on speed 6 for 30 seconds. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl and do this again. Set aside.
Add onion to the Thermomix bowl and chop for 2 secs on speed 5. Weigh in oil and sauté for 10 mins, Varoma temperature on speed 1 with the measuring cup removed until onions are caramel in colour. Set aside.
From the coconut milk, take only the thick part floating on the top. Use the remaining milk in another recipe. Add thick coconut milk to the Thermomix bowl along with all of the curry paste and bay leaves. Leave MC off and place basket on top of Thermomix bowl lid, to prevent any splatters. Cook for 5 mins on Varoma temperature on speed 1.
Add beef and onion to sauce, and cook for 40 mins, 80 degrees on reverse speed 1.
Add all remaining ingredients and cook a further 20 mins, on 100 degrees reverse speed soft or until potatoes are tender.
Serve with fresh coriander, deep fried shallots, roasted peanuts and cooked rice if desired.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Steamed Cheese Custard
- Thai Prawn and Vege Flu Fighting Soup
- Quick Parmesan Spelt Bread Rolls
- Paleo Chewy Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Chai Latte
- 3 Ingredient "Paleo" Choc Icecream
- Sage and Bacon Potato Rosti
- Spinach, Parmesan and Cracked Pepper Muffins
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Sweet Potato Lentil Soup
- Thermomix Sushi
- Moreish Chocolate Coconut Truffles