THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved
- 400 g chicken breast, cut into cubes, (see note)
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 350 g Pumpkin, cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri curry spice blend, (see note)
- 100 g red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 400 g can, diced tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed, sliced
- 1 lebanese eggplant, trimmed, sliced
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt, (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- coriander leaves, for garnish
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion into TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/Sp4. Scrape down sides.
Add olive oil to the TM bowl and cook for 3 mins/100ºC/Sp 1.
Add butterfly attachment and diced chicken. Cook for 2 mins/100ºC/Sp1/Reverse.
Add hard veges (celery and pumpkin), cook for 2 ½ mins/100ºC/Sp 0.5/Reverse.
While machine is spinning add Kashmiri Curry Spice Blend.
Add red lentils,1 ½ cups water, diced tomatoes, zucchini, and eggplant. Cook for 15 mins/100ºC/Sp 0.5/Reverse/MC on.
My butterfly decided to detach at this point in time (upon starting the 15 min cook) and I couldn’t get it reattached, so I decided to press on without it.
While Curry is cooking, add 1 cup quinoa into a microwave safe bowl, add 2 cups water to the bowl and microwave for 15 mins or until water has been evaporated (mine needed longer than usual 10 mins). Leave to sit for 2 mins before fluffing with a fork.
Taste curry, if seasoning is needed, add salt and pepper and give a quick stir with spatula.
Divide steamed quinoa amongst serving bowls, add curry on top and garnish with coriander leaves.
*** Omit chicken for a vegetarian dish
*** I used the spice blend from Mudgeeraba Spices and Curry Blends, called Kashmiri Chicken Almond & Raisin Curry Blend. Just use whatever curry blend you have on hand. This is just the particular one I used.
*** Change the veges if you wish. Add sweet potato instead of pumpkin and omit eggplant if you don't have it.
*** Curry will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Not-too-naughty Easter Slice
- Delicious french onion and spinach cob loaf
- Fruit and Veg Slurpie
- 1 ingredient peanut butter - Clone of Quick and Easy Peanut Butter
- Rice bubble slice - refined sugar free, lunch box friendly!
- Delicious french onion dip
- Nushi's Tahini Paste
- Nushi's Thai Basil and Spinach Pesto
- Nushi's Banana and Blueberry Pikelets
- Nushi's Mango Chia Pudding
- Nushi's Varomarised Chook
- Nushi's Sugar Reduced Mini Banana Loaves