- 500 grams Sausage Mince, or make your own
- 1 batch EDC Short Crust pastry, or double batch of the BCB recipe, or 2 sheets ready-rolled
- 4 hardboiled eggs, halved, made in TMX
- 70 grams bread crumbs, made in TMX
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet fruit chutney
- 1 clove, garlic
- 1 large handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon milk/water
- 1. Pre-heat oven to moderately hot, 200 degrees. Make the Short Crust Pastry, as per EDC, rest in fridge for 15 mins. Boil eggs in basket, as per EDC, cool slightly, halve. Make breadcrumbs, as per EDC, set aside.
2. Chop spring onions, garlic and parsley for 5 seconds on Speed 7.
3. Add mince, breadcrumbs, chutney, sauces and spices. Mix on "Counter-clockwise operation" for 20 seconds at Speed 3, or until combined.
4. Roll TMX pastry into a sheet approx 50 x 25 cm. Cut into 2 square halves.
5. Spread 1/4 of mince mixture along the centre of each pastry sheet . Place 4 x egg halves facing down, on top of each mixture. Gently press remaining mixture over eggs halves.
6. Make diagonal cuts on the pastry on each side of the filling at 2 cm intervals. Gently lift alternate strips of pastry over filling to resemble plaits, tucking ends under. Place twists on lined baking tray. Brush plaits with water/milk.
7. Bake for about 35 minutes or until slightly browned.
Accessories you need
If making in the TM5, you will need to use a double batch of the BCB Short Crust Pastry.
Delicious served with EDC Tomato Ketchup, and salad.
Can refridgerate, covered, for up to 2 days, once cooled.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- GlazBro Silverside
- Chicken Parma balls
- Mexican Monday
- Carbonara Chicken FIlo Parcels
- Ray's Chicken Coconut Curry
- Moroccan Lamb pizza topping
- Sausages in Onion Gravy
- Tori's honey mustard chicken and veg
- Cajun Risoni with Chorizo
- ThermoGourmand Sweet and Savoury Curried Sausages
- Korean Beef Taco