- 4 eschallots
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oranges
- 60 g red curry paste
- 30 g fish sauce
- 15 g brown sugar
- 400 g coconut milk
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1000 g chicken breast, (approx 3) sliced or diced to preference
- 1 bunch Fresh Thai Basil
- 150 g snow peas, roughly chopped with tops and tails removed
- rice, jasmine, to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Peel and quarter eschallots, place in chop for 3 seconds on speed 5, MC on.
- Add 20g extra virgin olive oil and cook eschalkots for 3 minutes, VAROMA, speed 2, MC on.
- Grate the rind of 2 oranges. Place this with 60g red curry paste in and cook 1 minute, VAROMA, speed 2, MC on.
- Squeeze the juice of the remaining orange (approx 80g). Add juice to with coconut milk, 30g fish oil, and 15g brown sugar. Cook 1 minute, VAROMA, speed 1, MC on.
- Add chopped chicken and kaffir leaves to and cook 10 minutes, VAROMA, speed 1, MC on.
- Cut two remaining oranges into segments, removing any peel or pith left over from grating. Add segments to with chopped snow peas and thai basil (leaving the leaves on the bunch). Cook 2 minutes, VAROMA, speed 1, MC on.
- Remove bunch of thai basil and kaffir leaves and served with steamed/boiled rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Vegetable Puree 6 months+
- Our favourite Curried Sausages
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- Satay Chicken
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Satay Recipe
- Beef Rotolo
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken