- 1 onion quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 30g olive oil
- 600g Mixed veal and pork mince, (you can use beef also)
- 700g Homemade sauce or passata, (HOMEMADE PASTA SAUCE - NOT TOMATO)
- red wine
- Fresh basil or oregano
- Salt and pepper
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion and garlic to bowl 2 SECONDS/SPEED 7
Add oil 5 MINUTES/100 DEGREES/SPEED SOFT MEASURING CUP OFF
Add mince to the bowl, break up slightly. Set timer 6 MINUTES/110 DEGREES/REVERSE/SPEED SOFT MEASURING CUP OFF
Add your passata or homemade sauce, red wine (a good splash), herbs and salt/pepper. 25 MINUTES/110 DEGREES/REVERSE/SPEED SOFT . MC ON FOR FIRST 10 MINUTES - THEN REPLACE WITH THE BASKET.
Sauce should be nice and thick, if not cook for further 5 minutes. Serve over your choice of pasta.
These are the ingredients we use to cook our pasta bolognese - if you usually have vegetabels in your bolognese, add and chop them after you have sauteed the garlic and onion.
Accessories you need
If cooking in a TM31, cook at 100 degrees
I dont make my bolognese overly chunky - if thats how you like it, dont break up the mince much when putting in the bowl. Then after you sautee it, you can place the mince in the simmering basket inside the TM bowl while the sauce cooks below. I prefer the method in my recipe - but this is a different option if you think bigger bits of mince.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- BANANA YOGHURT CHOC CHIP CAKE
- PALEO PUMPKIN BREAD
- SILVERBEET AND RICOTTA PIE
- RICOTTA AND OLIVE BREAD
- Thermowife Healthy Pumpkin Soup
- THERMOWIFE APPLE AND ZUCCHINI CAKES
- QUICK KALE SALAD
- ZUCCHINI + HALOUMI FRITTERS
- ➕SPINACH + RICOTTA CALZONE➕
- Chicken Salad/Sandwich Filling
- BAKED FALAFEL
- Easy Guacomole