- 350 g basmati rice
- 900 g water
- 800 g chicken tenderloins
- Pinch salt, to taste
- Pinch pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 650 g mixed vegetables, Eg. Carrots, zucchini & green beans
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 160 g Bacon rasher, Roughly chopped
- 250 g sour cream
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 lemon
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Insert simmering basket, weigh 350g rice into it, then remove simmering basket with the aid of spatula and rinse rice until water runs clear. Place water into mixing bowl and re-insert simmering basket with rice.
- Place chicken in varoma tray, season with salt, pepper, paprika and thyme
- Place Varoma with chicken into position and cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until rice is cooked.
- Remove Varoma dish, then remove simmering basket with the aid of the spatula. Transfer cooked rice into a ThermoServer or large bowl and cover to keep warm. Retain steaming liquid in mixing bowl.
- Remove vegetables and chicken and place in another ThermoServer or serving dish.
- Discard the steaming liquid and place the halved onion and the garlic and chop 3 sec/speed 7
- Add in bacon pieces, chop 2 seconds/speed 5 scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Saute the onions, garlic and bacon 4 minutes/120deg/speed 2
- Add in sour cream, soy sauce or tamari and juice of 1 lemon heat 4 minutes/90deg/speed 2
- Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables and serve with rice.
Chicken in sour cream with rice and vegetables
Chop the vegetables while the chicken is steaming.
To ensure gluten free use Tamari sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Poached Eggs Cafe Style (TM5)
- Poached Eggs Cafe Style (TM6)
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Hannah's Pizza Dough
- Chap Chae (Korean Noodles)
- Masala Dosa
- Outlook PST Recovery
- Kuttu Ki Khicdi
- Salmon Quiche
- EJJA ( Lebanese Egg Fritters)
- Squishy (Kids Favourite Veggie Quiche)