THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1000 grams water
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 20 grams butter or olive oil, optional
- 350 grams Long grain or jasmin rice
- 2 centimetre piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves Garlic., peeled
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised
- 6 coriander roots
- 2 anchovy fillets
- Half teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cummin seeds
- 3 Long red chillis, deseeded
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, I used Olive Oil
- 750 grams chicken thighs, sliced into strips
- 1 can coconut cream
- 20 grams fish sauce
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, Sliced thickly
- 50 grams snow peas, sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Palm sugar to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cook rice following basic coobook recipe and set aside in thermoserver.
Mill coriander and cummin seeds in thermomix mixing bowl speed 10 for 5 seconds with MC in place.
Add ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander root, anchovies, red chillies and cracked black pepper to milled spices and blitz on speed 10 for 5 seconds or until all ingredients are a paste. Scrape down sides and blitz for a further 5 seconds if required.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add vegetable oil and saute for 5 minutes on speed 3.
Add chicken strips and saute for 5 minutes on speed 1 in reverse mode.
Add coconut cream and fish sauce and cook at 100 degrees on speed 1 for 5 minutes in reverse mode
Add sliced onions and capsicum and cook fo a further 3 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1 in reverse
Add snowpeas, sugar (as to your preferred sweetness) and lemon juice and cook at 100 degrees for 2 minutes on slow speed until snow peas are warmed through.
Spoon into a bowl and top with coriander leaves to serve with steamed rice on the side.
Very tasty, quick and easy dish that pleases eveyone
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mumbai Escort Recipe
- Variation Mealie Meal / Pap
- Chaffles diet doctor
- Aly's Leftovers Stack (Inspired by the Mexican Stack)
- Healthy Banana & Oat Protein Pancakes
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Poached Eggs Cafe Style (TM5)
- Poached Eggs Cafe Style (TM6)
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Hannah's Pizza Dough
- Chap Chae (Korean Noodles)
- Masala Dosa
- Steamed Salmon with Green Peppercorn sauce and Vegetables
- Matt Preston's Lamb, cashew and pineapple braise (adapted from lamb, walnut and pineapple braise - from 100 Best recipes
- Easy Spaghetti alla Bolognese
- Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- Vietnamese Beef with Lemon Grass and Chilli - converted from a Golden Lotus cooking class
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Donna Hay's Thai Chicken Soup
- Kylie Simpson's Rice Pudding with Earl Grey soaked Prunes and Brandy Syrup
- George Calombaris' Homemade baked beans