- 700 g onion
- 300 g dried chillies, deseeded
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 600 g sugar
- 4 tablespoons tamarind paste, mix with one cup of water
- 2 teaspoons seasoning, poultry, or other seasoning of choice
- 400 g oil, to saute with onion
- 350 g oil, to saute with dried chillies
- Insert 700 g onions into mixing bowl "Closed lid" . Blend for 30 sec/speed 10. Scrape down with spatula and blend again for 15 sec/speed 10.
- Insert 400 g oil and saute for 20 min/120°C/ speed 3 using reverse blade "Counter-clockwise operation" .
- Open lid and stir manually using spatula. If still not properly cooked, add another 10 min/120°C/speed 3 using reverse blade .
- Transfer cooked onion to another bowl.
- Soak the 300 g dried chillies (deseeded) in hot water in another bowl.
- Insert the 300 g dried chillies into mixing bowl "Closed lid" and blend for 30 sec/speed 10. Scrap down using spatula and blend again for another 20 sec/speed 10.
- Insert 350 g oil and saute for 40 min/120°C/speed 3 using reverse blade "Counter-clockwise operation" . Stir with spatula manually
- Insert onion from another bowl into existing mixing bowl "Closed lid" . Season with salt, sugar, tamarind paste and saute for 40 min/120°C/speed 3 using reverse blade "Counter-clockwise operation" .
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Chicken & Vegetable Pot Pies
- Gluten free pasta
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Honey Chicken
- CREAMY TOMATO AND CHICKEN FETTUCINE
- Korma Paste
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Devilled Chicken
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)