- 4-6 tablespoons yoghurt
- 3 teaspoons LSA
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon oat bran
Add your favourite natural yoghurt to your breakfast bowl (I use homemade yoghurt which I make with low fat milk in the Thermomix).
Add lemon juice to taste, and mix well (any fresh citrus juice can be used depending on your preference).
Add the honey and mix well (maple syrup can also be used - add sufficient to taste depending on citrus used).
Add LSA mix and mix well.
LSA can be made beforehand and kept in the fridge. Grind linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds in the Thermomix Speed 10 for 30 to 60 seconds (depending on quantity). I didn't specifically measure them, I used a small amount of linseed, then small handfull of sunflower seeds and larger handful of almonds. Any nuts or a mixture of nuts may be used, again depending on your preference.
Add Oat Bran and mix well.
For this step, any zero sugar cereal may be ground in the thermomix and added here. Suggestions are Rolled Oats, Quinoa flakes, Brans, shredded wheats, buckwheat, barley.
Serve at once, either on its own or with fruit, fresh, frozen or dried.
Magical Breakfast cream.
Accessories you need
This is my variation of the recipe from the French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook. The original recipe used 2 teaspoons of ground walunts as the nut of preference and 1 teaspoon of Flaxseed oil. I replaced this with the linseeds in my LSA mix. You could use other oils in it's place, the author suggests sesame or safflower oil. The yoghurt can also be replaced with ricotta, cottage cheese, or fromage blanc.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Up and Go
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Chocolate Panforte
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Sesame bars Cookidoo - translated from Italian
- Pot set yoghurt
- Satay noodle salad